Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Men, Women, and Children


Various people from The Big Book of Cartooning by Bruce Blitz.

Talk about a book that has everything! I got this book as part of an eBay lot of *20* cartooning books for only $25 plus shipping! (I won another lot of sketch and inking books from the same seller for $15). I think you could go a long way toward learning to draw and getting published with just this one book. I'll talk about the books in my library on another post if anyone is interested.

I really recommend hitting up eBay if you're just starting a collection of drawing books. Even if what you get is not in great condition, you can at least get a good sampling of what's out there and re-purchase a better edition if you need. I look very carefully at the seller and the description. I don't mind getting books that are in obliviously used shape; I just don't want that funky 'musty' smell you sometimes find.

And one more note; the Blitz book was originally given to David from 'Mom and Dad' for Christmas 2000. Thanks David, the book is in perfect shape!

No comments: